A running account of life in the gallery and arts district

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Eugene Chamber of Commerce Dinner

A wonderful night at the Eugene Hilton for the Eugene Chamber of Commerce Dinner.

So many excited people sharing an evening of good spirit.

Good food and wine, though someone needs to have a talk with Jody Hall about having LOCAL wines at these events.

Jean Tate received the First Citizen Award for 2007. Well deserved. Not many people have done as much for the community and been so selfless in doing so. It was wonderful to hear about hear journey. One thing that she said that meant a lot; that she had few of her own ideas, she just took others ideas and made them work.

Bravo Jean. You are truly a wonderful person to have in our community!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Jean is amazing! I wish I had been invited to such a dinner. I am doing my part to draw attention to Eugene and local art and businesses. In my efforts I have constructed the Website www.slugqueeneugene.com There you will find everything you'd ever want/need to know about our beloved Slug Queens and how to become one or cheer for one! I have also created two new August events: The Slug Trail 2008 promoting 20 amazing local businesses AND the Slug Queen Art Salon (at the New Zone this August 12-22) to promate local art and the unique story of the quarter century old tradition of the Slug Queen.
Please let me know if you can link this site to your wonderful blog.

Constance Van Flandern
cvf@slugqueeneugene.com